MyHospitals is a government-owned website that has been set up to ensure the entire Australian community has easy access to nationally consistent and comparable performance information for public and private hospitals.
The information on this site is for members of the public, clinicians including doctors and nurses, academics and researchers, hospital and health service managers, journalists and others.
The site allows you to view the performance of more than 1,000 public and private hospitals against indicators such as waiting times in emergency departments or for some types of surgery, rates of bloodstream infections acquired in hospital, the length of time patients spend in hospital after being admitted for various conditions or procedures, and other indicators.
You can use MyHospitals to:
- Search for a hospital by state or postcode
- View a hospital's profile and the services a hospital offers
- See how a hospital performs against health performance indicators
- See changes in results for a hospital over time
- Compare a hospital’s results with similar hospitals or peers
- Download Hospital Performance reports published by the National Health Performance Authority
(Sourced: Australian Government)